Many people may say good marketing is anything that gets people in the doors. That’s true to some extent, but there is more to just getting people to your door; it’s also getting them to buy. Getting them to buy is the hardest part of marketing.
In my opinion, that’s just one of the elements of good marketing.
I think good marketing starts with a plan. The plan should at least consist of:
- a list of all of your products and services
- a list of possible add-on and cross-selling products
- a description of each with a summary of what type of customer will need them
- what makes your business different
- how will you get your uniqueness across
- a thought-out and realistic budget
- a target market
- a description of how you plan on getting their attention
- a filled-out promotions calendar
- a training calendar
- a plan of attack
Once your plan is done, good marketing has to start. A plan is nothing if it’s not implemented!
And the last part to good marketing is keeping it going. Don’t get sidetracked. Marketing isn’t something that happens overnight; it will take time.
I hope this gives you a good starting point for creating your own good marketing.