In fact, I often have a hard time explaining to my coaching clients how my coaching will help them. The problem is that coaching can help my clients in many ways, but it is impossible to know exactly how until we get started. Luckily all of the clients I have coached over the years were clients of mine who already trusted me based on other projects I had completed for them in the past.
But I still have to explain to my wife why I need a coach, and I still need to explain to my new coaching prospects why they need a coach if they are to accomplish what they want to achieve.
So I wrote down all the benefits my clients have received from coaching and starting putting them in categories. I quickly saw that there were six things that coaching helped them accomplish.
1. Coaching helps you clarify your vision and what you want to accomplish.
2. Coaching helps you plan your action steps to achieve the results you want.
3. Coaching helps you upgrade your skills. It helps you identify skillsets you need to improve to achieve your targeted results.
4. Coaching helps you optimize your results. You will get where you are going much quicker with a coach than without one—guaranteed!
5. Coaching helps you master your psychology. A good coach will help you eliminate your fears, doubts, limiting beliefs, and insecurities that are stopping you from reaching your goals.
6. Finally, and most importantly, coaching holds you accountable. I am amazed at how much work I get completed a couple of days before my meeting with my coach. There is no way I am going to be embarrassed into admitting that I was just too busy to work on the goals that I set in order to build my dream business. This forces me to get the work done!
The end result—you reach your goals much, much sooner than you would have without a coach.
So—why don’t you have a coach?
So what’s the next step you should take!