- Invest in mutual funds – The 2014 Forbes Investment Guide suggested that individuals invest in a minimum of three mutual funds so that they have spread their wealth out, reducing the risks associated with investing.
- The numbers never lie – You should never rely on someone else to manage your finances, not even your partner. You and your partner should each have your own account and you should manage your own accounts.
- Don’t be afraid to invest internationally – Yes international investments are higher risk but they also have a higher return on your money. The younger you are the more you should consider investing in the international market because if there is a loss you’ll be able to recover from it.
- Never rely just on your financial advisor – He or she needs to get paid and you want to know if it’s by commission because that could affect the recommendations made. You should always have an active role in your investment decisions.
- Pay down your mortgage – This is a good way to free up some money to invest in your future.
- Don’t make a loan if you need it back right away – You might be tempted to help a friend or a relative out, but if you need the money shortly don’t do it because you simply never know how long it might take to get it back.
- Make sure you invest in your future – If you aren’t investing there is no possible way to grow your wealth for your future. Even if it’s small amounts just do it.
- Buy don’t lease a car – When you lease, you are doing little more than renting. Every month you are throwing away your money.
Get busy and put these into practice and start to enjoy the benefits.